<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 05, 2004

This letter was encouraging and it made me laugh...

"Yesterday I sat on my couch sobbing because I realized the utter filth in my heart as a result of lust.  To everyone around, I look as though I'm the "perfect" Christian and am frequently given the name "Jesus Freak."  However, man doesn't see the heart.  I ended up taking a two hour drive to be alone with God and pray.  Last night I went to Barnes and Noble with a gift certificate.  The friend who was with me only knew God had been teaching me a lot yesterday and I asked her to look with me for a book that would be challenging.  She picked up your book, read me the title and description and I immediately said "Give me that now!" 

I have read your other two books and although I agreed with them, they did not change my life as Not Even a Hint has already.  I read the whole book today and have shared with a couple of people that I feel on my favorite book list it is second only to the Bible.  I underlined so much today and plan to go back and type up what I underlined to use as a constant reminder of God's plan for me.  I also plan to begin memorizing the scriptures listed in the book. 

Thank you for allowing God to work through you and Shannon and sharing your "secrets" to show others the endless possibilities in spiritual growth.

I must admit I laughed pretty hard when I got to page 81 and read.. "Women have sex drives too!" a woman named Katie wrote me.  "Believe me, as a twenty-two-year-old virgin, I know."  You see, my name is Katie and I am a 22 year old virgin (also I was born in 81).  If that's not a sign a book was made for you, I don't know what could be.  I believe God lead me to your book last night and I just wanted you to know the impact is has and will continue to make on my life." - Katie

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?