<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 15, 2004

This letter is a wonderful reminder of the transforming power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He has died for our sins so that we can be forgiven, cleansed and freed to obey Him. I so appreciate this young woman's honesty and faith...

"I'm a 19-yr-old young woman, and I recently read "Not Even a Hint", and I was truly touched by God in the moments I spent reading, praying and studying God's word. I also read many of the other stories on the website page and I just thought to myself, "hey, I need to share my story".

As a young child, I was sexually abused by my step father, and even though I "told on" him, my mother wasn't in a position to leave him. Obviously, that has been something for me to deal with: being angry at my mom for not protecting me. However, they remain married to this day. The sexual abuse stopped, and that's only by divine intervention. But, there was still constant emotional and mental abuse. I grew up feeling less than worthless, and I was constantly being criticized. My step father still criticizes me and tries to make me feel worthless sometimes, but God has been and I believe still is working on him.

The point of this part of the story is because it set the scene for so many broken hearts. When a little girl doesn't have a daddy who tells her she's a precious pearl of great price, it never occurs to you that you are worth more than nothing. I spent all of high school trying to find a guy who would love me enough to make up for the love my dad didn't give me. Needless to say, I also did everything I could to keep those guys in my life. Fortunately, God has protected my virginity, even though I have come dangerously close to losing it. Since sexual things were introduced into my life at a very early age, I have always struggled with lust. I realize that I could blame oher people for this, but no matter the cause, sin is sin. After reading "Not Even A Hint" i see that Christ set me free from all of those things: Anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, and lust.

Above all, I see that God is my father, because he IS the father to the fatherless. God has been carrying me since last August when I dealt with every aspect of my abuse and twisted view of men and what men see me as. The truth does indeed set you free. Jesus allowed us a forgiveness that we would never be able to earn, or even imagine. I am thankful that because He has forgiven me, I can forgive those who have used me, and mistreated me. God's love abounds and covers all."—Name Withheld



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?