<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 31, 2003

Two days ago I finished revising chapter 6 called "Self-Centered Sex." It's about masturbation. It has definitely been one of the most difficult chapters to write. It's something everybody deals with and there's already been so much written about it. I was amazed to discover that there are dozens of "pro-masturbation" as well as "anti-masturbation" websites run by Christians . Good grief! I was exhausted just writing a chapter on the subject. I can't imagine devoting myself to running a website on it.

Shannon was reading over the chapter after I'd finished. She looked at me and said, "Wow, you're really honest in this." I swallowed. Suddenly it hit me that a lot of people would be reading what I'd written. I know that sounds dumb. Sometimes I just get lost in writing. I'm writing to readers what I think will help them--I share from my own life very freely. But I don't stop to think about the fact that people at my church who I see every week will read this stuff. But I don't plan to change anything. You can't pull punches on something like this. If you're going to talk about lust you have to be open and honest...I think. I hope I don't regret any of this.

Tomorrow I start revising chapter seven that deals with media and how our diet of TV and movies effects our struggle against lust. Fortunately it was one of the stronger chapters so there's not much to change.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?